Have You Seen Any of These?

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Information and Sightings Nov 4 to Nov 9

It's been a slow few days. I may have been wishful thinking Nov 7 when I saw what looked like 5 to 6 blows travelling in an Orca-like pattern. Grabbing binoculars I stayed scanning the area for a while, but never saw another blow, so I'd have to say it was a non-report.

The bird activity between Sentry Shoal and Rebecca Rocks just out from Powell River has been huge, with thousands of birds grouped up. Not having enough time to take a run out there on the skiff, I was unable to tell if there were any marine mammals pushing the feed to the surface, or if it was only some diving birds.

I have been asked to explain about the subscription to this blog and how it works. You can subscribe by typing in your email address in the box to the right. It can be any email address where you'd like these updates to be sent. You will receive a verification email requesting a reply to confirm that you actually would like this information sent to your inbox. Once you've authorized the receipt of these emails, you will start to receive them as an email sent directly to you. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me susan@whalesanddolphinsbc.com