Have You Seen Any of These?

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Whale sightings

The listing of whale sightings, dates and species will be posted to this blog starting the next few days and will continue every few days. The sightings list will start from mid-September whale sightings and I hope that you will join in by posting any sightings or comments you might have.

Apart from being away, which delayed postings, on my return I prepared and gave a talk in Powell River about the whales, dolphins and porpoises in and around the area. It was a bonus to be able to show photos and play short clips of the great vocals I recorded from some of the September 2010 whales that were around Texada, Harwood, Savary and Mitlenatch Islands.

My Home site has another species added: Harbour (or Harbor if you prefer) Porpoise.