Have You Seen Any of These?

Monday, January 31, 2011

Jan 28 to Jan 30 Sightings

Jan 30 - 6 to 10 Splashes that were not Sea Lions. Due to the sunshine glare, I could not tell for sure if they were Dalls Porpoises or Pacific White Sided Dolphins, but the most likely would be dolphins. Last sighted close to the Northwest sandbar off Harwood Island and heading towards the Powell River Mill.

Jan 29 - Not as much time to scan waters, but I did manage to see the Comox ferry taking an unusual angle. Then I could see some dark animals surfacing. It took till later on the confirm that I was seeing some Killer Whales. I could only see around 5 or 6 of them near the top of Texada Island and between Texada and Rebecca Rocks. They were headed in a southerly direction on the Vancouver Island side of Texada.

Jan 28 - No sightings to report