Have You Seen Any of These?

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dolphins and Texada Ferry

Last Friday's storm had huge winds and the Texada Ferry ran during part of it. There have been a couple of my photos published in the Vancouver Sun and Powell River Peak, and as promised in my prior post, here's a different one:
In the last few days, I've received word that there have been around 50 Pacific White Sided Dolphins in the Powell River area. They were spotted around Grief Point on April 5th. and 6th. and today I received word from another source that there was a group seen near Texada Island and around the Texada ferry on April 1st and 5th. Sounds like the Transient Orca left the area sometime after March 22nd.

Don't be shy to post a comment if you've seen any whales or dolphins. Love to hear about it and share it.

Check out the main site for identification of whales: www.whalesanddolphinsbc.com I hope to get more information up on a regular basis. the latest is an updated About me page and Minke Whale specifics.